Sunday, January 15, 2012

Honey Wheat Bread (bread machine recipe)

Okay here is my favorite bread machine recipe so far:

1 3/8 cup water
4 1/4 cups Bread Flour (All purpose flour works fine too)
1/2 cup Cracked Wheat (This is the same dang thing as the Bulgar you use to make tabbouleh - although it took the lady at whole foods 10 minutes to figure that out for me, since they had nothing called cracked wheat anywhere in the store)
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Active Dry yeast

My Zojirushi says to use the "Quick Wheat" setting for this bread... I'm not sure of the equivalents on other bread machines - If folks are really interested I'm happy to post up the basic timing of the cycles so that you can figure out what works with your machines!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy and I happen to have everything on hand. I know what I am baking tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete