Monday, January 30, 2012

Salad with Crumbled Goat Cheese and Honey Mustard Dressing

Okay, I made a lot of changes to this original recipe, so I'll just put down my modified version here. The original one had this salad serving 4 people and arranging the ingredients on the plates all fancy, but since I had to serve 8 people, I just added some extra lettuce and tossed it all into the same bowl... it was still delicious!

Dressing:
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp (finely!) minced red onion
pinch of salt
5 tbsp light olive oil

The Salad:

Okay I hate washing lettuce, so while the original recipe called for using red leaf romaine lettuce, I just bought a pre-washed mixed bag of mixed herb salad from Trader Joe's (the added dill in the bag actually made this all that much better in my opinion)... Anyway, use all of one of those pre-washed bags or about 8 cups of romaine lettuce.

The original recipe also calls for 2/3 cups slivered red onion.. what I ended up doing was just cutting a medium red onion in half, mincing it, using tbsp for the dressing and throwing the rest in the salad.

12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
4 tbsp crumbled soft mild goat cheese (honestly I didn't measure this exactly, I probably used a bit more)

Whisk together dressing ingredients, pour over salad and toss till blended!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderfully yummy combo, and I think I even have everything for it. I love the fresh dill in those herb salads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the original recipe had you arranging 3-4 olives in a circle on the bed of the lettuce and then placing a tbsp of the goat cheese in the center... if you were serving fewer people you certainly could try the fancier method! :

    ReplyDelete