1/2 cup of your favorite fat, I like coconut oil, but softened butter or grapeseed oil or shortening or any other oil work equally well in this, so really use whatever you like and have on hand, combine fats if you like
3/4 cup sugar, white brown coconut or maple all work
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xantham gum if using gluten free flours
5 really ripe bananas
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour, any type you like, I use a gf blend or straight sorghum, often I use 1/4 cup flax as part of this
1/2 to 3/4 cup nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or (my favorite choice) chocolate chips, I especially like the enjoy life brand, as they are free from many allergens, this is optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13x9.
2. Cream the fat and sugar together with the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and xantham. I like to use my stand mixer, but a hand mixer would work. Best not to do this by hand.
3. Beat in bananas, egg, and vanilla really well, till fairly smooth.
4. Beat in flour just till combined.
5. Fold in add ins by hand.
6. Pour into pan, and bake 30 minutes.
7. Cool in pan and enjoy for up to a week. Store covered at room temperature.