Sunday, August 31, 2014

Excellent Summer Breakfast

At one point I read an article in a magazine on a typical Turkish breakfast.  This consists of Turkish coffee, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, bread, honey and cheese.  Sounded great to me, so it has become one of our favorite breakfasts during the week.  I say we, I mean Eliza, CJ, and me, NOT Rich, as there is no meat.

I mixed some chopped cucumbers and several varieties of tomatoes with good black olives, a little olive oil, and some Penzey's Turkish seasoning.  I gave us each a nice size chunk of really good feta, and I put homemade honey butter on hot fresh gluten free flatbread I make based on this recipe: KAF Gluten Free Matzoh  I used to make it with whole wheat naan, but this is a nice quick substitute that I can safely eat.  We have also made flatbreads and used them for pizza for a quick lunch, also tasty.  I love that this breakfast is full of veggies, and that the kids think it is great.  I love how fast it is to put together, and that it is a healthy way to start the day.  Most of all, it just takes so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment