Sunday, July 31, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

1 clove garlic
1 strip of lemon zest (1 x 1/2 inches)
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp herbs de Provence
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 jar (12 oz) roasted red pepper, drained but not rinsed
2 oz lowfat cream cheese
1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used nonfat greek yogurt)

Add garlic, lemon zest, salt and herbs to a food processor and chop until mixed. Add rest of the ingredients and chop until smooth.

This is good with tortilla chips, pita bread, as a spread in sandwiches and today I tried it in with a grilled cheese, all super yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. OOOH, that sounds yummy! It seems like it would be pretty low cal too. I think I have all the ingredients, so that will be a snack for Rich and I this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's really as low cal as you want to make it... You could even use fat free cream cheese I suppose! The only ingredient I didn't have on hand for this was the Herbs de Provence!

    ReplyDelete