Friday, January 31, 2014

My First Post on Laundry

I have been making laundry detergent for two years, but have been getting really tired of making it.  It is fairly easy to do but is messier than detergent bottles.  Recently I received some free samples of dissolvable laundry strips that are probably among the best ways to clean laundry I have ever used.  It never bothers our sensitive skin, the clothes smell great and feel great, and it is easy and simple to use.  Dizolve Laundry Strips  I am loving these.  In addition, thanks to Taneka and her donation of wool yarn I have been using homemade wool dryer balls.  They are easy to make, and helps a lot with static, and helps the clothes dry faster.  Plus they are way cheaper to make than to buy, even if you have to pay for the yarn.  You need pure wool yarn, either sheeps wool, alpaca wool, or mohair.  Any all natural animal fiber that will felt.  You simply roll the yarn into small balls, larger than a golf ball, smaller than a baseball, tie off the ends and felt.  Rich did this for me by wetting, rubbing, and dipping in cold soapy water.  There are plenty of ideas on how to do this on pinterest and youtube.  I highly recommend this simple project.

No comments:

Post a Comment